Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Farewell 2012 -- Welcome 2013

12th photo--2 small nap mats for Headstart
Taking down the old calendar and putting up the new one--sometimes bittersweet, usually exciting.   I don't do resolutions.   I like to have a few goals for the New Year, maybe adding a word or phrase to focus on.

My chosen phrase this year is simple and logical to any friends who've seen my stash.   My quilting focus for 2013 will be -- STASH REDUCTION.   I've come close to straying already, tempted by promises of online inventory sales.  Nope -- not for me.   I'm going to be a good girl.


Two snowmen missed the group photo (I made 5)
When I've had a busy year, the year-end collage of finished projects is always fun to create. My year in review is condensed to 24 little boxes.   It was a good year for me, but only so-so compared to some of the bloggers I follow.  Hop over to Wanda's blog and check her impressive year-end collage of projects, all glowing with "Exuberant Color."  The amount of quilting she gets done puts the rest of us to shame--and her projects are complex and gorgeous! 

Click on the photos for a closer view, and click once more to enlarge.  I found the Blogger option to do that some time ago, instead of the "slideshow" option (but now I don't remember how I did it).
 
My first 2012 Q (red/white/blue) was made for our grandson, the neutral Q was a group gift to our retiring boss, and the rest of the larger quilts have all gone home with  co-workers. 

I kept one "Slim the Snowman" and the little red/pink pinwheel quilt.  The 2nd picture in the last row is of placemats that went to Meals on Wheels.

I've been battling a cold for a week.  It's taking its sweet time leaving.   I still have that tickly cough, always the last to go for me. The stuffed sinus headaches are gone, and I'm anxious to spend time with my sewing machine again.  I have two quilt tops ready to sandwich and get quilted for our next dept meeting.    

license plate ordered from teamlogo.com
I'm ready to roll when my friends and I have a quilting weekend.   My little 3" x 6" metal license plate came in the mail yesterday.  DH smoothed a  few sharp spots for me, and I tacked it onto my little red wagon with needle & thread.  I'm too old to own very many cute things, but this is one of them.  

Happy New Year, dear blogging friends. 
Thank you for your comments and encouragement this past year.  I'm looking forward to seeing what we all do together in 2013.

17 comments:

Teri said...

Good luck staying on the wagon. I focused on reduction a few years ago. I think that may be my mantra for this year also.

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

You had a very productive year. Lots of beautiful quilts! The license plate is adorable. I hope you're feeling better soon. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your 2012 projects are beautiful! I am so enjoying seeing the year end posts and seeing plans for 2013. So inspiring.

Janet O. said...

Could we have the same cold? You just described my situation exactly! : )
I think you have been a prolific quilter. And most of all, you have been a very kind and generous quilter.
I know I can't keep up with people who quilt 24/7 and I won't even try. I quilt when I can and it goes in spurts, but real life (aging parents, special needs grandkids, invalid sister-in-law) has to take priority. We all have different circumstances. For me, quilting is a very satisfying creative outlet that refills me when I have been drained.

Julia said...

Amazing show of quilts Vivian.
Lovely to see them all together.
Where did the year go...enjoy another productive year of sewing.
You must just about have all the dept. quilts done.
Julia ♥

Kathie said...

ok that license plate is just adorable! I need one of those and one of those wagons :)
ok amazing quilts you have made this year
of course you know which ones are my favorites , those snowmen!!!!!
too cute.
Happy New year
kathie

Exuberant Color said...

You accomplished a lot last year! You are so generous too to give away so many of them.

I want to do some stash reduction too this year. If I can finish the rest of my started quilts I will use a lot for backings.

Lori said...

You got so much accomplished!! Such beautiful quilts too.
I hope you are all better soon.

AnnieO said...

Great license plate, Vivian! Love that. Your many happy hours of sewing may condense down to a collage fairly well, but swelled the hearts of the many recipients of your beautiful quilts! I think the option to enlarge the pic by clicking must come from Picasa rather than Blogger, since I immediately launched to a search for this but could not find any choice available other than turning off that popup "Lightbox".

Shirley said...

Come now Vivian! You can never be too old for cute things. Love the licence plate for your vehicle. Looking forward to seeing your stashbusting year. I am sure it will be exciting. Happy New Year to you.

Dawn said...

Love your quilting montage of 2012 projects - what a productive year.
Wishing you all the best in 2013!

Gayle Bong said...

Your quilts are plenty complex and you got LOTS done. If you want the look that Wanda's has, then use busier more colorful fabrics.

Anya said...

We're never too old to have a few cute things....love it!

Merilyn said...

Your accomplishments for 2012 are quite impressive Vivian!! I can't say the same, been a difficult year to get anything much done, but there's always this New Year LOL!!!! I love your red wagon and little number plate, too cute and so handy!!! All the very best for 2013!!!

Karen said...

Congrats on your wonderful finishes!!! Thank you for your sweet thoughtfulness to me this year. I'm so glad our paths have crossed.

Micki Clemens said...

Enjoyed your finished projects! I wasn't able to resist the year end sales as you did, but am hopeful to make lots of quilts this year. Micki

Sharon said...

WOW! I am SO impressed! Have a wonderful New Year quilting up that stash!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails