Saturday, December 8, 2012

My pineapple pendant and a new project

My CW pineapple pendant made by Julie
Many devoted quilters like a subtle way to show off their love of stitching.   Though I have many T-shirts with quilting motifs, I wanted something else, something less casual.  I now have my very own delicate, exquisite 1-1/2" pineapple pendant, made with CW repro fabrics.   It was made especially for me by Julie at "Me and My Stitches."  

This week she posted about her wonderful little holiday pendants, which could be used as tree ornaments.  To see her pins, earrings, pendants, charms, etc. go to her store here.  If someone wants a gift idea for you, or if you've decided to treat yourself to something special, I'm confident you'll find something you really like, made by Julie.

preparing for Bricks and Stepping Stones
Time for a new project.  I enjoyed making my first-ever flannel quilt early this month, and there were a lot of ooh's and aah's when the giveaway quilt was passed around  (it was soooo soft).   I added a couple blues, a light green, and a white dot to the leftover fabrics from "On the Trail," designed by Shelly Benton for Henry Glass & Co.  

It's time for a Bonnie Hunter quilt.   I have a list of quilts I want to make from her offering of free patterns (currently more than 50), and "Bricks and Stepping Stones" is the quilt I started today.   The only two rules for this quilt are (1) all the bricks are to be darker than the light in the 4-patches, and (2) the only black is in the 4-patches.   10-4 on that.  Rules followed.  I'm ready to go. 

7 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

So glad you like your pineapple pendant!!

Karen said...

The pendant is beautiful - I know you will enjoy it!

Lori said...

My quilt pendant is the same pattern! I lvoe it!!
Have fun with your stepping stones pattern.

AnnieO said...

Beautiful pendant! Perfectly sewn.

Bricks and Stepping Stones is a great pattern--I enjoyed making one and am sure I will again. I backed mine in flannel but having the whole quilt flannel will be even softer and more cozy. Love your fabric choices there :)

Wonky Girl said...

Lucky girl to have a pendant like that! It's a wonderful and needful thing. ;-)
You will enjoy your bricks/stones quilt and have fun sewing it together. Be careful to not reverse the black/white 4-patches. I swapped a bunch of these and had to fix many that were "backwards". LOL But I love the finished quilt and still have more blocks to sew together.

Dawn said...

Fun!!! I got one of julie's pineapple pieces too - love all her work. When you wear it it will be come a topic of conversation.

Kathie said...

that pendant is just beautiful. It amazes me she can work that small. I should treat myself to one of her materpieces :)

another great quilt!!!
Kathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails