Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Do you know this line?

what line of fabric is this?
A friend brought a bundle of FQs a while ago, with no specific pattern or project in mind.   She's using them now, and as happens with many of us--she needs more fabric to finish her project.  She didn't keep any selvages, and she doesn't know this line of fabric.  Help, please.  Are the fabrics familiar?   Can anyone identify them?  

The wine paisley and gray-blue paisley triangles are the same print.  (Ignore the tan crackle fabric.  That's not part of the line, as far as I know.)

This weekend I started making some 6" blocks for a project.  As a fellow quilter walked past, she stopped and told me she knew a shortcut.  I didn't have to cut all the little triangles.

For each block I cut 2 large squares, drew some lines, sewed beside lines, cut on some lines, and I ended up with all the pieces I needed for each block, except the small square.  The parts needed to be trimmed to size, but I saved a lot of steps.
She told me the shortcut is in Carrie Nelson's book Another Bite of Schnibbles
Don't you just love smart quilters who share tricks in their books and help save us time?

UPDATE:  The line of fabric is Adelaide by Faye Burgos for Marcus Fabrics.  I've passed on the information to my friend. 

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

Sorry that I don't recognize the fabrics. I hate it when that happens!
Yes, shortcuts are wonderful, and I am grateful to anyone who can teach me one!! : )

Karen said...

I can't help either but it's pretty.

Me and My Stitches said...

I have a piece of the green and the selvage says: "Adelaide Design 2770 Faye Burgos Marcus Fabrics.

Sewing Sue said...

Don't know the fabric, sorry. But the method is used by lots of quilt book writers, like Eleanor Burns and others too. Also Google Triangle Paper and you'll find other methods.

Good luck!

Needled Mom said...

I don't know, but it looks great.

Lesley said...

The cream floral is Adelaide Design 2774, Faye Burgos, Marcus Fabrics. Nice to have a stash!

Randy D. said...

Those are great blocks!! Might be perfect for my sow-a-long, too!

Merilyn said...

I love to use shortcuts too, your blocks are beautiful. I'm not familiar with that line of fabric, but it sure is beautiful, I love those paisley type prints! Good luck with finding more of what your friend needs!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails