Sunday, March 4, 2012

Two rounds to go

54 x 54" at this point
The center block and first two rounds are done;  two rounds to go.  The blocks are stuck on my design wall.  No sewing together quite yet.  A local observer and critic (my DH) pointed out the very light star block in the bottom left group.  Yes, I assured him --there will be more light stars so that one won't look out of place.  (Local consultants are always nice to have around, especially when their opinions are free and can be implemented or ignored.) 

The top is 54 inches at this point.  The next round is more 9-inch floating stars;  28 stars needed to complete that round.
The final round of this medallion layout is a 4-patch chain block. I'll be making  36 of those 9-inch blocks.

These blocks are not difficult.   The layout is straight off the pattern.  The challenge is maintaining variety--in color, in value, and in designs in the fabrics.  The designs don't show up in this photo, but trust me.   There's variety here.   
Taking a break with a late lunch and then back to my nifty neutrals.   

14 comments:

Shirley said...

The neutrals are amazing Vivian. Can't wait to see the finished article. I think I am going to have to embark on another mission for neutral fabrics.

Kathie said...

it is looking wonderful!!!! I am so impressed.
keep going I can't wait to see more!
Kathie

Anya said...

That's going to be so nice!

Lorraine said...

Have always loved the look of all neutral quilts...and love stars....so your quilt is particularly appealing to me....it's fantastic!

Julia said...

The neutrals are amazing and look fab, Vivian.
Ah, yes, Dh's are our best critics, if there's a mistake, my DH always finds it!
Julia ♥

M and M plus 3 said...

Very nice indeed Miss Vivian! I hope to see it in person before it gets gifted.

heather said...

It is lovely.

Barb said...

I just love this quilt, going to be one wonderful quilt!

AnnieO said...

Good variety and distribution going on there! You've made wonderful progress.

Janet O. said...

I've always liked this pattern, Vivian (that's why I bought it) but I think what you have done with it looks better than the original! Keep it up!

Béa said...

Really wonderful, I love these neutrals.

Me and My Stitches said...

This is really looking great! I think it would be harder to choose fabrics for neutral quilt than it would be to choose colors.

Lori said...

You are doing a wonderful job on that quilt!!! Woo-Hoo!!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's looking fabulous! And I really like the light star....and all the greys too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails