Sunday, January 9, 2011

North Star and Energy Star

The familiar Sawtooth Star is the second block in Barbara Brackman's Civil War block-of-the-week.  (A link to her blog is in my right column.).  I'm very protective of my limited "conversational" CW repro fabrics, but I took a deep breath and cut a strip of my horses for this block.  Why am I saving them?  For a special project, I suppose, and this one qualifies. 


Cleaning around our old chest freezer (see previous post) led to a fact-finding trip to our local Sears store Saturday morning.  And a purchase.
Next week a new, smaller, Energy Star-rated, chest freezer will be delivered to our home.
The Sears guys will move the old freezer to the garage and bring in the new one.  Then we'll contact our local energy company who will send someone to haul away the old freezer.  We'll get one rebate because we bought an Energy Star appliance, and we'll get another rebate because we're recycling our old, still-working appliance that's not energy efficient. 

Isn't it funny how one thing can lead to another, and you're suddenly doing something you hadn't even thought about 48 hours ago?

12 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Really pretty block!

Barb said...

I have enjoyed all of these Civil War blocks...

Lorraine said...

I am enjoying the Civil War block of the week - I got busy today and caught up....I know there have only been two posted..but I thought if I left it for another week it would be harder to catch up.....I love CW projects and fabric. Love that you were "saving" your horse fabric...LOL

Mimi said...

Isn't it great that something that you had not thought about 48 hours is all FINISHED, decided and done!

AMKreations said...

All I can say is I hope your new one lasts you as long as the old.

Needled Mom said...

Your star looks beautiful.

Yeah for the new freezer. Don't you feel so energy efficient?????

Quilt Hollow said...

Lovely block...I too marked her website and love the stories.

Barb said...

nice new block I really love that horse shirting - great choice!

Karen said...

Things worked out very well with the freezer. Your block is beautiful and I love the horse fabric. Can't wait to see your next block!

Jane in Wales said...

That is a beautiful block, and the horses fabric looks so nice!
Thank you for your reaction on my blog!
Jane

Quilter Kathy said...

That is so funny that you struggle to cut into your special fabric...I can totally relate! Love the horses fabric...and the whole block. I plan to join in as soon as I can get the fabric I want.

Heidi said...

Hi Vivian! I have not visited you in ages. We did Lori's QAL way back when. I am also doing this BOM but have not posted a blog entry with mine two blocks yet. I am going to do a monthly update about it instead of each week.

Have a happy Friday!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails