Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hunter's star with ease


Our guild's raffle quilt for next year is finished. That means one year of selling tickets. The ladies in charge are amazing in selecting a design, organizing helpers, and getting it done efficiently and beautifully.

This pattern is hunter's star, and there are so many ways to make the block. No way is easier than using Deb Tucker's Rapid Fire Hunter's Star Ruler, and that's what was used for this lovely quilt.

Yesterday (May 4) another blogger wrote about a sweet quilt she made from the same block, using the very same ruler, and she described it more thoroughly and more clearly than I ever could. She even has a video to show the process. Please go visit Dawn at Quilts and Pieces. She kindly gave me permission to send you over.

If this quilt isn't enough reason to buy raffle tickets, the winner will also get a matching throw pillow, a wallhanging, and a pair of pillowcases made from the same fabrics. The quilt is a generous queen size (I've forgotten the exact dimensions), and I apologize that I don't have a photo of the entire quilt. There was a mini crowd around it, oohing, ahhing, and taking photos, and I got what I could without shoving people out of the way.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh yes, Vivian, it is a fantastic ruler!! I did a few posts about it too. You can read about it here: http://cvquiltworks.blogspot.com/2010_01_01_archive.html

Scroll down and you can see the first post then upwards to see the subsequent ones. I just love this one!

Quilt Hollow said...

Wonderful quilt! Stunning!!!

imquilternity said...

That's a beautiful quilt and gorgeous quilting. Good luck to your guild, although I don't if you need it! BTW, your blog is just beautiful and I love all the gorgeous quilts you've shared along the way.

Millie said...

Beautiful Hunter Star Quilt. I have quilted 3 white and red Hunter Star quilts, but the blue is just gorgeous.

Karen said...

That is one beautiful quilt!!

Denise in PA said...

Beautiful quilt! I am partial to Hunter's Star quilts - and you are right - Deb Tucker's ruler RULES!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails